ConverTable Planets description
The perfect way to learn unit conversions and gravity.
ConverTable Planets is designed to answer that age-old question, "if a widget weighs 34 stones on Earth, just how many troy ounces would that widget weigh on Mars?" In doing so, ConverTable Planets could be used to teach about unit conversions and gravity.
Here are some key features of "ConverTable Planets":
- Find out how much you would weigh on the Moon, Mars, and 24 other places in the solar system.
- View the planets and included moons in their true relative sizes!
- Learn how many Venusian (or Martian, Saturnian, etc.) years old you are!
- Planets included (the whole solar system, of course!): Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.
- Moons included: Earth's Moon, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus, Miranda, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon, Triton, and Charon.
- Several mass and weight units are available: kilograms, pounds, grams, milligrams, stones, troy ounces, slugs, newtons, metric tons, and metric carats.
- Brief discussion of the common "mass or weight" language confusion, and what exactly is a "year."
- ConverTable Planets is also available in French.
- update for Mavericks (OS X 10.9) compatibility
- plays nicer with Lion and Mountain Lion too
- small updates