Torque is a free simulation where you can investigate how torque causes an object to rotate.
Discover the relationships between angular acceleration, moment of inertia, angular momentum and torque.
Here are some key features of "Torque":
· Determine the relationship between the applied force, frictional force (of the brake) and the torque
· Write an equation that relates the torque required to the radius at which the force is applied
· Decribe in your own words the relationship between torque and the moment of inertia
· Write an equation that relates the moment of inertia to the angular velocity
· Show that Angular momentum is conserved with examples of a bug traveling on a rotating platform.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug that caused number text boxes to round off to incorrect precision, see #3303