States of Matter is a free simulation where you can watch different types of molecules form a solid, liquid, or gas. Add or remove heat and watch the phase change.
Change the temperature or volume of a container and see a pressure-temperature diagram respond in real time. Relate the interaction potential to the forces between molecules.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Redeploying to production server with several important fixes and enhancements.
· Modified phase diagram behavior to be smoother and to always track to the phase interface.
· Adjusted the set point for liquid temperature so that water is between 0 and 100 degrees C when set to the liquid state.
· Modified the internal model temperatures used in order to make water look like it is starting to freeze when at 0 degrees C.
· Fixed an issue where the substances would look strange if users were changing state when the sim was paused.