ChemDoodle is a feature-rich, slick looking and cross-platform application that allows you to create images of molecules.
The goal of ChemDoodle is to allow you to easily interact with chemical data through a friendly user-interface.
Use ChemDoodle to create chemical figures and documents in publications, for websites, or for any digital presentation.
Briefly, ChemDoodle can produce non-molecular objects (TLC plates, spectra), integrates with databases, streamline a variety of tasks, and manage a ton of chemical formats and data.
Here are some key features of "ChemDoodle":
· Web tools
· Comprehensive documentation
· Fully customizable
· Intuitive drawing tools
· Round trip editing
· Beautiful graphics
· Read and write chemical file types.
· Glassware graphics
· Mobile tools
· Compatibility with 3rd party tools
· Easy Site Licenses
· Java 1.6 or later
· Minimum of 1GB RAM
· 14 days trial
· Documents show a watermark at the top and will render a background texture.
· The Save..., Save as Image... and Convert... functions are disabled.
· Only images and ChemDoodle data can be pasted from ChemDoodle.
· All copied and printed content will contain a watermark.
· Templates cannot be saved.
· Certain ChemDoodle Web Components functions are disabled (such as PDB file optimization).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This update addresses several issues brought to our attention and adds a bunch of minor features. Support is added for ChemDoodle Web Components v5.
· Updated ChemDoodle Web Components support to version 5.
· It is now easy to copy/paste ChemDoodle JSON (for easier interaction with the web sketcher on a webpage) directly from the Edit menu.
· Added a Paste and Match Style menu item to the Edit menu to paste content and match the current style sheet.
· Zero order bonds are now rendered as a line of dots.
· Bonds can now easily be drawn between two atoms by just dragging the mouse close to the second atom when drawing.
· Half-arrows can now be drawn on bezier curves.
· Added 31 new glassware templates.
· You can now change the arrow type (full/half) in the shapes settings dialog.
· Added rearrangement arrow option to the shapes settings dialog.
· In the General panel in Preferences, you can now control the highlight, selected, preview and error colors.
· When using the Carbon ...