Celestia is a free real-time space simulation that lets you experience our universe in three dimensions. Unlike most planetarium software, Celestia doesn't confine you to the surface of the Earth.
You can travel throughout the solar system, to any of over 100,000 stars, or even beyond the galaxy.
All travel in Celestia is seamless; the exponential zoom feature lets you explore space across a huge range of scales, from galaxy clusters down to spacecraft only a few meters across.
A 'point-and-goto' interface makes it simple to navigate through the universe to the object you want to visit.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes
· Fix to admit absolute directory notation in VT ImageDirectory
· Implemented encoding of special characters when saving cel URLs
· Fixed flickering of models with missing texture coordinates
· Fixed appearance non-ellipsoid star geometry in pre-OGL2 render paths
· Improved appearance of point stars when multisample antialiasing is enabled
· Fix for crash when viewing a star barycenter in an empty system
· Fixed off by one error assertion testing for number of lights used by shaders
· Windows: fixed UTF8 bugs in tour guide, star browser, and context menu
· Fixed crash bug that was triggerred by xyz and xyzv files with duplicate
· Fixed bug that caused dim stars in orbits distant from the primary to not
· be drawn.
· Fixed strange appearance of cloud textures at times in the distant
· Fixed memory leak in multiview handling
· Fixed ambient light in the ARB shader path
· Fixed bugs in comet rendering (corrects overbright coma)
· Fixed code to compile without errors with gcc 4.3; fixed som...