BEAST (Bayesian evolutionary analysis sampling trees) is an open source cross platform application designed for molecular clock analysis.
BEAST helps you run Bayesian MCMC analysis of molecular sequences with an emphasis on molecular clock analysis.
BEAST is able to reconstruct phylogenies and to provide a framework for testing evolutionary hypotheses with more than a single tree topology.
BEAST comes with a built-in converter that makes it possible to convert NEXUS files into the XML file format.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Beagle scale issue resolved, resulting in potentially faster treelikelihood calculations
· Treeannotator and logcombiner updated to version 2
· BEAUti - use-ambiguities flag in partition panel
· Colt and apache math-commons libraries included so not all add-ons need to supply them separately
· Support for path-sampling through beastii add-on