Aten is a cross platform tool that helps you to create, edit, and visualize coordinates.
Aten was designed for people performing simulations of condensed matter, but it may very well be useful to others out there dealing with non-periodic systems.
Aten is able to randomly add in molecules to periodic boxes, allowing disordered systems to be created.
Here are some key features of "Aten":
· Provides a GUI for editing atomic coordinates
· Create models, even periodic ones, from scratch
· Handles several crystal formats, and can replicate and scale unit cells
· Load and save model data in several model formats out of the box
· Cater for any model format you wish with its Filters system
· Renders primitive object types, as well as surface/gridded data
· Load in vibration/frequency data and animate it
· Fully scripted / automated from the command line
· Load in and apply forcefield terms to a model with its easy-to-read typing language
· Energy (periodic) models minimizer
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed copyright years over all files.