Archicad gives users the ability to create great architecture and increase productivity.
From day one, Archicad has been designed by architects for architects, and over the years it has gradually become more and more refined to allow its users to better:
· Focus on design,
· Manage change,
· Evaluate design alternatives,
Archicad will offer a different approach to your workflow process, which gives you more control over your design, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in documentation. While you raise walls, lay floors, add doors and windows, build stairs and construct roofs this Building Information Authoring Tool creates a central database of 3D model data.
From this you can extract all the information needed to completely describe your design - complete plans, sections and elevations, architectural and construction details, Bills of Quantities window/door/finish schedules, renderings, animations and virtual reality scenes.
That means while you're designing, Archicad is creating all the project documentation so there's little repetitive and tedious drafting work. And unlike designing in 2D software, the Virtual Building approach also means that you can make changes at any time maintaining the integrity of your documents, without risking costly errors or costing you productivity.
Great architecture requires collaboration of all design disciplines. Architects have a central role in coordinating all aspects of their design with other disciplines during the entire design process.
ArchiCAD 14 turns IFC technology into full-fledged workflow solutions enabling collaboration with engineers regardless of their discipline or the name and version of the application they prefer working with.
This "open" approach to interdisciplinary collaboration greatly broadens designers' options for real Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) resulting in faster delivered projects and significantly less coordination errors.
· QuickTime 6.5 or higher
· Java 2 1.4.2 or higher
· 1 GHz G4 processor or faster.
· You must register in order to receive a trial serial key.
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Enriched architectural forms:
· The evolution of forms has always walked hand-in-hand with the evolution of structures. From the simplest barrel vaults to the most sophisticated rib vaults, the architect has always aspired to combine durability, utility and beauty (Vitruvius). These very principles can be seen in the finest examples of Modern architecture as well. ArchiCAD 15 expands the design capabilities of its BIM tools, including new Shell structures, to support the broadest spectrum of architectural shapes and forms found in both classical and modern architecture.
New definition of design space:
· The evolution of the design process has gone through at least as many revolutionary steps as the forms and structures themselves. During the course of the past few decades, architects have gradually left the "flat-lands" of 2D sketching for the exciting "high-lands" of designing in 3D virtual spaces. The increase in freedom brought about by the third dimension, however, adds a new degree...