An cross-platform, easy to use IRC client
leafChat features a friendly and clean user interface that doesn't get in the way of your conversations.
You can connect to multiple servers at once on the same screen, so keeping up with all your friends will be easy.
leafChat is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
- Connect to most standard servers - and, if your friends are in different places, connect to two, three or more at the same time.
- Chat in channels, in message windows, or through direct connection. Send files to others through DCC.
- Automatically log all conversations or just some. Set logs to be deleted after a few weeks, or never. View logs through a simple interface and export them to HTML for your web page.
- Create more complex functionality with built-in scripting based on Java
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New auto-reconnect feature (enabled by default, option in miscellaneous preferences). Will try to reconnect to a server if disconnected. To avoid loops it only tries once, and not if already connected to another server on the network. #28
- Tab completion for / commands is now implemented. You can also now get a complete list of supported commands (including those from any scripts saved in 2.5) on the Options dialog. #20
- The new /server command can be used to connect to a server from scripts (or if you prefer to type it rather than use the connect dialog). #59