3GPP IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) is the next generation network for delivering IP multimedia services.
IMS services could be used over any type of network, such as 3GPP LTE, GPRS, Wireless LAN, CDMA2000 or fixed line.
iDoubs is a free and open source 3GPP IMS Client for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
iDoubs's aim is to demonstrate doubango's features and to offer an IMS client to the open source community.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the iDoubs utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "iDoubs":
· The SIP/IMS Stack is 7 times faster
· NGN (Next Generation Network) stack for developers (ios-ngn-stack and osx-ngn-stack)
· Add support for MAC OS X
· Both TCP and UDP (Keep Awake) multitasking for iOS4+
· Adds support for TLS and SRTP
· Crystal clear audio quality (adaptive jitter buffer, echo cancellation, noise suppression, automatic resampling, gain control)
· Better video quality (low latency, low cpu usage, ...)
· Audio codecs: G.722, G.729AB, AMR-NB, iLBC, GSM, PCMA, PCMU, Speex-NB, Speex-WB, Speex-UWB
· Video codecs: . VP8, H264, MP4V-ES, Theora, H.263, H.263-1998
· Chat (SMS-like)
· Fix many issues (video rotation, compilation, user interface, ...)
· and much more features
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Align with Doubango 747
· Adds support for Mountain Lion
· Fix issue 110