eTorrent is a free and open source Erlang application implementing the Bittorrent protocol.
The goals set for the application were:
Robustness and fault tolerance - The system should always attempt to recover from errors.
Unattended operation - The system was meant to act more like a daemon than a program
Scalability - The system had the requirement that it should be able to juggle thousands of torrents if most of these are in a idle and dormant state.
Speed - The system should have an adequate speed.
· Check Makefile.config for the right configuration options
· run 'make'
· create 'lib/etorrent-1.0/priv/etorrent.config' there is an example file in the same dir.
· run 'make run' which will spawn etorrent in a running configuration.
· drop a .torrent file in the watched dir and see what happens.
· call etorrent:help(). from the Erlang CLI to get a list of available commands.
NOTE: eTorrent is licensed and distributed under the terms of the BSD License.