A powerful and open source utility for downloading files from the Internet, using HTTP, FTP, BitTorrent and Metalink protocols
Moreover, aria2 comes with a unique segmented download ability that allows its users to download portions of the file from multiple sources and protocols at once.
In addition, aria2 can be used to automatically validate data chunks while downloading like BitTorrent.
The outcome of the segmented download ability is that you will get high download speeds, often higher that the ones achieved by the browser.
- Command-line interface
- Download files through HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent
- HTTP Proxy support
- FTP through HTTP Proxy
- HTTP BASIC authentication support
- HTTP Proxy authentication support
- Segmented downloading
- Download speed throttling
- Upload speed throttling in BitTorrent
- Cookie support
- Load Cookies from file whose format is one used by Netscape and Mozilla.
- Run as a daemon process.
- Selective download in multi-file torrent/metalink
- BitTorrent Fast extension support
- Multi-tracker support
- Metalink version 3.0 support(HTTP/FTP/BitTorrent)
- Chunk checksum validation in Metalink
- Can disable segmented downloading in Metalink
- netrc support
- Configuration file support
- Download URIs found in a text file or stdin
- Parameterized URI support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This releases fixes the bug that aria2 cannot read piped stdin on mingw32. It also fixes busy loop on mingw32 when SSL/TLS is used. We also fixed 2 crashes which can occur on all platforms.
- WinTLS: Fix abrupt connection closing and closing in general.