The "all-platform eMule", aMule is an eMule-like client for ed2k network, supporting Linux, *BSD platforms, Solaris, MacOSX and Win32.
aMule was forked from xMule project back in september 2003 (not related to it anymore, except little bits of old code), to drive it to a brand new direction and quality.
aMule is using wxWidgets (formely known as wxWindows) in order to provide multiplatform support.
Here are some key features of "aMule":
· aMule works on Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Windows, and probably other OSs that noone tested yet.
· aMule works on x86, amd64, ppc, ppc64, sparc, alpha, and AFAIK arm (probably others also) CPU architectures.
· aMule has core/GUI separation, a mature daemon, and a not-so-mature-but-still-working remote GUI, along with the webserver and the text-mode user interface (amulecmd).
· aMule has the latest improvements on ed2k protocol, both on eserver compatibility (thanks lugdunum) and clientclient communication (thanks eMule dev. team). This includes eMule extensions over original ed2k protocol.
· aMule supports all wxWidgets flavours from 2.4.2 to the brand new 2.6.0. The recomended version is, however, wxWidgets 2.6.0.
· aMule supports Unicode on GUI, internals, and network, and its totally or partially translated to 28 languages
· And last but not least, aMule has the best users and supporters community I've ever seen. I said it and I'll say it again: without you guys, this project would have never reached its current state.
· wxWidgets 2.8.12 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Show if a client shares its file list in client view
· Various optimizations of memory usage
· Access files for reading/writing via mapped memory (with custom exception handling)
· Fix download of files > 1GB on ucLibc
· Fix autogen.sh under Ubuntu
· Fixed TCP obfuscation negotiation
· Add option to ed2k link parser to display links in emulecollection
· Added test case for the CTag class
· Various fixes to new colour code
· Allow user to select display of transfer rates
· Extendable list-control settings save/load code
· Drop assumption that last search keyword is a filename extension if length == 3
· Instead of counting unicode characters in a Kad search now we use the UTF-8 byte count to determine whether the keyword is allowed or not
· Use actual page size in mmap calls instead of a randomly selected number
· Fix custom Crypto++ path not shown by configure
· Make tags in aMuleWeb HTML 4.01 conforming
· Fix HTTP proxy authentication
· Use -static for the tests too, when ...