Zotero is a free and intuitive Firefox add-on that helps you collect, manage, and cite your research sources.
Not only is Zotero a powerful research tool that automatically detects content but it allows you to add it to your personal library in a single mouse click.
Let's say you're searching for a preprint on arXiv.org, a news story from the New York Times, a journal article from JSTOR, or a book from your university library catalog. Zotero has you covered and provides support for a myriad of sites.
Zotero gathers together all your research in a single, intuitive interface. You can add here images , PDFs, audio and video files, snapshots, and basically anything.
Moreover, Zotero automatically indexes the full-text content of your library, enabling you to find exactly what you're looking for with just a few keystrokes.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Zotero add-on on your Mac are available HERE.
Zotero is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Zotero":
· Automatic capture of citation information from web pages
· Storage of PDFs, files, images, links, and whole web pages
· Flexible notetaking with autosave
· Fast, as-you-type search through your materials
· Playlist-like library organization, including saved searches (smart collections) and tags
· Platform for new forms of digital research that can be extended with other web tools and services
· Zotero extension works inside your web browser
· Formatted citation export (style list to grow rapidly)
· Free and open source
· Integration with Microsoft Word and OpenOffice
· Saves records and notes in any language; interface available in Arabic Austrian German Bulgarian Brazilian Portuguese Catalan Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) French German Hungarian Hebrew Italian Japanese Korean Dutch Norwegian Polish Romanian Russian Serbian Spanish Swedish Swiss German Turkish Vietnamese US English with more on the way
· Integration with WordPress and other blogging software
· Remote library backup
· Advanced search and data mining tools
· Access your library from anywhere via the web
· Wide variety of import/export options
· Recommendation engine and RSS feeds
· Shared collection
· Firefox 3.6 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed database upgrade error if a 4.0.7 database was run in 4.0-4.0.6 and then opened in 4.0.7