Yate is a free, easy to use, open source, next-generation telephony engine; while currently focused on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and PSTN, its power lies in its ability to be easily extended.
Voice, video, data and instant messaging can all be unified under Yate's flexible routing engine, maximizing communications efficiency and minimizing infrastructure costs for businesses.
Yate is written in C++ and supports scripting in various programming languages (such as those supported by the curently implemented PHP, Python and Perl libraries).
Both PHP and Python libraries have been developed and made available in order to ease development of external functionalities for Yate.
Yate can be used as a:
· VoIP server
· VoIP client
· VoIP to PSTN gateway
· PC2Phone and Phone2PC gateway
· H.323 gatekeeper
· H.323 multiple endpoint server
· SIP session border controller
· SIP router
· SIP registration server
· IAX server and client
· IP Telephony server and client
· Call center server
· IVR engine
· Prepaid and postpaid cards system
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SS7 components for mobile operators - SCCP, TCAP, MAP and CAMEL
· LNP over ANSI SS7
· T.38 fax support over MGCP digital gateways
· TCP and TLS transports for SIP, multiple listening interfaces
· Alerts, monitoring and logging.
· YateClient got a brand new face
· Better debugging information
· Atomic operations used if architecture and compiler support them