XML Digital Signature Tool is a Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey add-on for processing Digital Signature in XML documents (follows the W3C specification for XML-Signature Syntax and Processing ).
XML Digital Signature Tool is built on top of Apache XML Security for C++ library, called XSEC. No changes were made to XSEC source code.
The developers compiled the source with NSS option to provide cryptographic functionality using browser's certificate database. The re-compiled XSEC library is packaged with the XPI file for this add-on.
Furthermore, The XML Digital Signature Tool also provides XUL based GUI for specifying various parameters for signing XML files and verifying signed XML files.
XML Digital Signature Tool is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Note: Please download and install Apache XML libraries before installing this add-on. See the "Advanced Details" section for installation instruction for Apache XERCES C++ libraries.
Here are some key features of "XML Digital Signature Tool":
· encryption and decryption of XML documents (follows the W3C spec for XML Encryption Syntax and Processing)
· ability to generate Self-Issued SAML Token (both v1.1 and v2.0) using the RSA/DSA keys in the browser's certificate DB. The SAML Token generation is implemented using our XPCOM based component for signing and encryption of XML documents.
· XPCOM based API for UUID generation. The XPCOM implementation reuses the UUID generation source code in the RFC4122. We have adapted the UUID generation code code in RFC4122 for Mozilla NSS based digest and added string based UUID API.
· Signing of HTML document and verification of signed HTML pages - follows W3C HTML Signing Profile
· Firefox 20.0a1 - 20.
· Thunderbird 20.0a1 - 20. or
· SeaMonkey 2.16a1 - 2.16.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Compatibility update for FF 20.0/TB 20.0/SM 2.17.
· You have to install and configure the Apache XERCES C++ libraries before you can use the Add-on.
· Please read the "Developer Notes" section for FF5.0 and up for detailed instructions.
· This version only works on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux-64 OSes.
· This version does not support 32-bit Linux.