XCaramba is a cross-platform file transfer program for Mac OS X & Windows. Not just cross-platform, Mac to Mac and PC to PC works just as good. Forget MSN, ICQ etc. they always make it difficult somehow with their protocols and different clients. Forget FTP or any other server to client solution, simply to much hassle. Forget Email, it takes time and has limitations.
When you simply need to transfer files from one computer to another, there simply isn't anything better than XCaramba. The only thing you need to do is, launch XCaramba, open a connection and send. To receive files, you just need to have XCaramba open, that's it! If for any reason the transfer is broken, it will automatically resume when you send/receive again!
XCaramba enables you to send and receive files as easy as you would copy them between your desktop windows.
Here are some key features of "XCaramba":
· Create bookmarks to your favourite XCaramba users.
· Automatically connect to all your favourite XCaramba users with one click.
· Send as many files and folders as you want, even beyond the galaxy.
· Send easily with drag and drop.
· Send screen captures with one click.
· Transferred files can be resumed, even hugh folder structures.
· Stay connected with a Live Connection, just drag and drop, then click send.
· Java 1.5 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed UI glitches that appeared in Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
· Minor UI changes have been made (menus, buttons).
· Java code has been enhanced for stability, and future development.
· Using the definitions KiB (kibibyte) and MiB (mebibyte) instead of KB (kilobyte) and MB (megabyte).
· Lowered memory usage.