Vienna is an open source, handy RSS reader with support for RSS/Atom feeds, article storage and management via a SQLite database, written in Objective-C and Cocoa.
Vienna has been designed to provide simple news reading capabilities for non-technical users while still aiming to be as feature rich as commercial newsreaders.
Furthermore, Vienna comes with numerous features that enable you to share, flag and mark the favorite articles with just a few mouse clicks.
Here are some key features of "Vienna":
· Subscribe to Atom/RSS news feeds and podcasts
· Simple and intuitive user interface
· Built-in tabbed browser
· Smart folders for organising related feed articles
· Custom article display styles
· Three separate reading layouts
· Blogging integration
· Filter the displayed articles
· Manual reordering of the subscription list
· Full AppleScript support
· Localized into several languages
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix a bug on preserving article currently being read on refreshes
· Updated Dutch translation
· Reviewed the localized versions of the "Get Info..." window, which were often mangled