Vaadin is a free and open source web application framework for Rich Internet Applications (RIA).
AJAX technology is used on the browser side to ensure a rich and interactive user experience. Vaadin is a big collection of UI components. There are server-side components like Button, Table, and Tree that you use to compose the application user interface.
The components use events, listeners, and data binding to communicate with each other and the business logic.
Vaadin is a robust architecture for rapid application development. The component-based architecture together with the data binding features help you to build applications that are easily modularized and refactored as needed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
This release includes the following closed issues:
· #6046: Window.CloseListener not working in Vaadin Application in Embedded iframe component in another Vaadin Application in Firefox
· #8484: Button.setDisableOnClick does not work with Button.setClickShortcut
· #9195: Layout defect textfield included in table
· #9275: Unwanted scrollbars in nested TabSheets when switching by button
· #9427: Nesting a FormLayout inside another FormLayout results in double spacing
· #9523: LiferayEE test fails due to expiring license
· #9558: URI fragment handling not firing initial fragment changed in 6.8.3
· #9663: Tree doesn't listen to property changes in the icon property
· #9714: One finger table scrolling regression
· #9732: iOS6 causes random problems by caching Ajax requests
· #9784: Allow servlets to set headers for static resource responses
· #9788: HierarchicalContainer gets into an erroneous state if addItem(itemID) is called on an item that is already in the cont...