Turn Off the Lights is a browser add-on that enables you to focus on a particular elements from the screen by shadowing everything else.
Turn Off the Lights allows you to focus to a video you are watching and dims everything around the. What's also great about Turn Off the Lights is that it works for all video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc, and on the social networking sites.
After you install Turn Off the Lights in your favorite browser, you will see the light gray lamp listed in the toolbar (or Omnibar).
In just a single click of the button the page is darkened, providing better focus to the video. If no video is found, then the entire page goes dark.
Turn Off the Lights is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
NOTE: To install the Turn Off the Lights extension for Chrome, drag and drop the downloaded .crx file onto the Chrome Extensions window.
Here are some key features of "Turn Off the Lights":
· Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it
· Support multiple video sites: YouTube, HTML5 video,... and more
· Support multiple image sites: Google Images Search, Picasa and more
· Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater?
· Option to make the screen dark if the user click on the play button
· Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects
· Custom colors
· Option Flash Detection
· Option Show Dimness Level Bar
· Safari 5.0.1 or later or
· Firefox 16.0 and later or
· Opera 11 or
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed atmosphere lighting on YouTube
· Fixed YouTube HTML5 annotation
· Improve atmosphere lighting 'real' option for YouTube
· Improve mouse option: custom area, you can change now the size of the rectangle
· Add option to change the mouse spotlight radius