Tree Style Tab is a multi-featured Firefox add-on that enhances your browser with a tree-style tab bar, like a folder tree of Windows Explorer.
With Tree Style Tab, new tabs opened from links (or etc.) are automatically attached to the current tab.
If you are used to used many tabs, Tree Style Tab will help your web browsing because you can understand relations of tabs.
Tree Style Tab add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Tree Style Tab":
· You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
· When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
· The tree of tabs can be shown at right side.
· Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
· You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
· New child tab can be opened automatically from the location bar, if the website is same to the current tab's. Of course, different website can be opened in new tab too.
· A link can be loaded in new child tab automatically if it is to a different website. If you wish, you can load any link in new child tab.
· You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager or other session-management addons.
· Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
· If you focus to the tab bar, Ctrl-Up/Down/Right/Left can be used to modify tree.
· Tab bar can be moved to left side, right side, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
· This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs.
· Firefox 10.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved: Add a new secret option "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttach.fromCurrent" to control new tab position from the current tab.
· Fixed: Move tab by moveTabForward/moveTabBackward on Firefox 20 correctly.
· Fixed: Don't set margin to indicate grouped tabs for parent tabs next to hidden tabs.
· Fixed: Don't insert needless margins between collapsed tabs. Negative margins for collapsed tabs were unexpectedly inverted for tabs which have its "cannot be collapsed" parent tab. However, such tabs still can be collapsed if its root parent tab can be collapse its sub tree.
· Fixed: Observe changes of UI shown/hidden not only the browser bottom box but also the toolbox
· Fixed: Restore the original user preference when this addon is disabled or removed. (by saneyuki_s)
· Fixed: Move dragged tab to the correct position, even if there are hidden tabs.
· Fixed: Move all tabs in the dragged tree to a newly opened window correctly on Firefox 19 and later.
· Modified: Make dragging tabs transparently always, ...