Gmail Buttons is a simple Thunderbird add-on that adds message-specific buttons to which are consistent with the way Gmail handles Trash and Spam.
In Gmail's IMAP interface, the IMAP folders correspond to Lables in the Gmail web interface. Some of the labels, namely Spam and Trash, perform special functions behind the scenes.
This can cause some unexpected results. For example if you set Thunderbird to move deleted items to the [Gmail]/Trash folder,you will get autosaved drafts and other unwanted items showing up in the Trash and All Mail folders in Gmail.
Gmail Buttons is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Gmail Buttons":
· Replaces the Junk button with a Spam button that moves a message to the [Gmail]/Spam folder.
· Adds a Trash button that moves a message to the [Gmail]/Trash folder.
· Optionally hides the Delete button in Gmail folders.
· Optionally hides the Junk Status column in the message list for Gmail folders.
· Thunderbird 7.0 - 13.0a1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added workaround for bug in German version of Thunderbird, where server is not properly identified as a gmail server.