Use Firefox to play with the internet! The Nethernet is a free multiplayer online game you can play while surfing the web.
Harvest datapoints from URLs. Leave bombs or treasure on websites. Make Missions to send other players across the internets.
With a game HUD toolbar in Firefox, players can bomb each other, wage war over web sites, and lead other users on web missions. Ordinary web sites host items and currency. The Nethernet is an MMO RPG into our WWW!
Clicking around the internet turns into experience points and currency. A battle between Order and Chaos rages online, between people tagging and people spamming; you'll have the weapons you need to wage information war in your browser.
You can play The Nethernet on Facebook or LiveJournal, YouTube, World of Warcraft sites, Flickr, Wikipedia,Boing Boing, Google, XKCD, Twitter, Amazon, MySpace, lolcats - wherever you like to hang out online.
Other players will see your items across the entire web, and you can trick them or help them as you level up in playing the internet.
The Nethernet is the new name for PMOG, the Passively Multiplayer Online Game. We're in beta, we're constantly making improvements. So if something doesn't work, please give us feedback on our site, then check back to see how the games changed!
· Firefox 3.0 – 3. Alpha 1pre.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Works with: Firefox: 3.0 – 3.6a1pre
· Two new Perks, available to anyone regardless of Level or Class
· Overweight Canary (send it to a URL ahead of you to clear up to ten Mines from a site, or it will return to your arsenal)
· St. Nick Swatter (target yourself or another player and clear away up to five regular St Nicks and one single Ballistic St Nick)
· Introduction of a cash-based currency called Bacon.
· Players will be able to buy Bacon with PayPal or credit cards, as well as to fulfill offers instead of paying real money.
· The Level 1 tools are free to play. All other Tools/Upgrades/Abilities are called Perks, and they cost a combination of Datapoints and Bacon.
· Pings will no longer exist. Player Lifetime Pings have been converted to Bacon.
· Instead of upgrading Tools via the overlays, players will buy Perks from the Shoppe. Each of the Perks has a button in the toolbar so that they're all one-click. To make room for this we moved a number of buttons and menus from the toolbar into the Ge...