A lightweight and simple to use OS X IRC client that provides the tools needed to stay in touch with your friends using the internet
Textual's easy-to-use functionality combined with scripting support make it an ideal IRC client for novice to advanced users.
- iCloud syncing features
- Support for IPv6
- Compatible with IRCv3 standards
- Intuitive hot keys
- Multi-encoding support.
- Auto-completion features
- Expandable via scripts
- Native fullscreen support
- Inline nickname colorization
- Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Many community created addons & styles
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- SOCK4 and SOCK5 proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- A period (.) in a nickname is now considered a valid character to allow support for nicknames used by Slack.
- The following "joke" commands are no longer bundled with Textual: banhammer, ffuu, flip, loadavg, o_o, reverse, sealion, sfont, shell, slap, and spam — They are available by downloading the Textual 5 Extras installer.