Talkie for Mac offers push-to-talk communication over a local WiFi or Ethernet network, from your menubar.
No setup is required: Any others connected to the same network and running Talkie for Mac or Talkie for iPhone will receive transmissions.
If you need to carry out separate discussions, Talkie offers 12 different channels.
Here are some key features of "Talkie":
· Zero-configuration operation: Start Talkie, and start talking
· 12 distinct channels
· Configurable global hotkey to transmit while performing other tasks
· Unobtrusive interface
· Incoming and outgoing audio indicators
· Mute facility
· Talk to others using Talkie for iPhone or Talkie for Mac Premium.
· If you just want to use Talkie for Mac to talk with others using Talkie for iPhone or Talkie for Mac Premium, you can use Talkie for free! If you want to talk to others, however, you'll need to register Talkie for Mac.