Syrinx is a small, yet fully customizable Twitter client created for OS X. Syrinx is developed from two ideals: efficient workflow and customization.
You may choose from the set of built in themes that are provided.
Here are some key features of "Syrinx":
· The Bookmark: Finally, a better way to keep track of your unread tweets. Just like a book, the bookmark indicates that you've read everything before it, and everything after is still unread. When new tweets arrive, they'll be colored according the customizable bookmark color, a sound will play and the number of bookmarked tweets is badged on the dock icon.
· Search: Syrinx brings the ability to search the tweets in your timeline, especially useful when looking for aspecific tweet, or seeing if your name came up in conversation.
· Pause: New tweets still get pulled down so won't miss anything, but they won't get appended to your view until you're ready to resume, allowing you to read without being interrupted.
· Keyboard Controls: If your fingers never leave the keyboard, that's fine with Syrinx. Use spacebar to advance the bookmark one tweet at a time, and hit return to reply to the currently selected tweet. All the popular actions are bound to the keyboard.
· Color: Your tweets don't have to live in black and white. Change your timeline background colors, your own status background and the bookmark color. You may choose from the set of built in themes that are provided.
· Sound: Choose a system sound to notify you when new tweets have arrived.
· Application: Customize how often to check for updates, auto-scrolling behavior, bookmarking and more.
· Twitter is well known for lowering their rate limits when the servers become overwhelmed or during heavy load periods. If you run out of requests, you can wait up to an hour to get more, and no one wants to miss tweets. Syrinx includes an option to dynamically adjust it's request rate to stay under any request limits. Syrinx will automatically space out your remaining requests for the hour to make sure you don't miss a tweet.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· t.co links are now expanded
· twitpic image previews are working again
· yfrog image previews are working again
· Added twitter pic image previews
· Fixed a bug where clicking Bookmark Newest on non-focused window would reset back to TweetMarker location