Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email. It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-list management, and more.
If you're the type of person who treats email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
Sup is a console-based email client with the best features of GMail, mutt, and emacs.Features full text search, labels, multiple buffers, recent contacts, tagged operations, and more.
Here are some key features of "Sup":
· Scalability to massive amounts of email. Immediate startup and operability, regardless of how much amount of email you have.
· Immediate full-text search of your entire email archive, using the Ferret query language. Search over message bodies, labels, from: and to: fields, or any combination thereof.
· Thread-centrism. Operations are performed at the thread, not the message level. Entire threads are manipulated and viewed (with redundancies removed) at a time.
· Labels instead of folders. Drop that tired old metaphor and you'll see how much easier it is to organize email.
· GMail-style thread management (but better!). Archive a thread, and it will disappear from your inbox until someone replies. Kill a thread, and it will never come back to your inbox (but will still show up in searches.) Mark a thread as spam and you'll never again see it unless explicitly searching for spam.
· Console based interface. No mouse clicking required!
· Programmability. It's in Ruby. The code is good. It's easy to extend.
· Multiple buffer support. Why be limited to viewing one thread at a time?
· Tons of other little features, like automatic context-sensitive help, multi-message operations, MIME attachment viewing, recent contact list generation, etc.