Console-based email client with the best features of GMail, mutt, and emacs
If you're the type of person who treats email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
Sup is a console-based email client with the best features of GMail, mutt, and emacs.Features full text search, labels, multiple buffers, recent contacts, tagged operations, and more.
- Scalability to massive amounts of email. Immediate startup and operability, regardless of how much amount of email you have.
- Immediate full-text search of your entire email archive, using the Ferret query language. Search over message bodies, labels, from: and to: fields, or any combination thereof.
- Thread-centrism. Operations are performed at the thread, not the message level. Entire threads are manipulated and viewed (with redundancies removed) at a time.
- Labels instead of folders. Drop that tired old metaphor and you'll see how much easier it is to organize email.
- GMail-style thread management (but better!). Archive a thread, and it will disappear from your inbox until someone replies. Kill a thread, and it will never come back to your inbox (but will still show up in searches.) Mark a thread as spam and you'll never again see it unless explicitly searching for spam.
- Console based interface. No mouse clicking required!
- Programmability. It's in Ruby. The code is good. It's easy to extend.
- Multiple buffer support. Why be limited to viewing one thread at a time?
- Tons of other little features, like automatic context-sensitive help, multi-message operations, MIME attachment viewing, recent contact list generation, etc.