Speed Dial is a very handy Firefox and SeaMonkey add-on that you can use to easily access your most used websites.
This feature was first seen in Websplit browser, and the Speed Dial extension also takes some ideas and concepts from the Opera browser.
The Speed Dial add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Speed Dial":
· Speed Dial will open in a tab, showing the currently assigned websites as thumbnails.
· The Speed Dial tab can be loaded automatically in new tabs and windows.
· The assigned websites can be loaded automatically by pressing the Control key and it's assigned number.
· Drag & drop reordering.
· Add dialog when clicking an unassigned entry.
· Automatic refresh of thumbnails by using a background browser (with configurable interval per thumbnail).
· Toolbar buttons to access Speed Dial's functionality (including a drop down of the assigned websites).
· Multiple addresses can be assigned to a single dial, similar to the way the home page is handled (separating them with the "|" character).
· Weather status, which can locate your position automatically based on your IP (courtesy of GeoBytes). Clicking on that dial will provide the full weather forecast.
· Firefox 2.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed image URLs generating blank thumbnails in Firefox 19.
· Fixed distorted image generation in Firefox Nightly.