SpamSieve is an OS X app that gives you back your inbox by providing you with powerful Bayesian spam filtering to your Mac.
SpamSieve is both quick and easy to control from within your mail client, and you can also adjust how it interacts with the rest of your e-mail messages sorting rules.
Other spam filters will get worse over time as spammers adapt to their spam rules. In contrast, SpamSieve will actually get better over time as it will adapt to your mail.
By learning how the e-mail messages you receive look like, SpamSieve can block almost all of your spam mail, without having to redirecting your good e-mails in the spam mailbox.
Here are some key features of "SpamSieve":
· Powerful Bayesian spam filtering results in high accuracy and almost no false positives.
· It adapts to the mail that you receive to get even better with time. Some other e-mail clients include Bayesian filters, but SpamSieve is more accurate.
· Integrates with your e-mail client for a superior user experience.
· Integrates with the Mac OS X Address Book (and also Eudora and Entourage's address books) so that messages from friends and colleagues are never marked as spam.
· Automatically maintains a blocklist so that it can instantly adapt to spam messages sent from particular addresses, and catch 100% of them.
· Automatically maintains a whitelist to guarantee that messages from particular senders or mailing lists are never marked as spam, without cluttering your address book with these addresses.
· You can customize the whitelist and blocklist, adding sophisticated rules that match various message headers, or the message body. The rules can match text in a variety of ways, including using regular expressions.
· Can use the Habeas Whitelist, which indicates messages that are not spam, as well as the ADV subject tag indicating that a message is spam.
· Many spammers encode the contents of their messages so that filters cannot see the incriminating words they contain. SpamSieve can decode and look inside these messages. Optionally it can mark them all as spam, on the theory that legitimate senders do not try to obscure their messages.
· SpamSieve keeps track of how accurate it is, how many good and spam messages you receive, and how these numbers change over time.
· Turn off new-mail notification in your e-mail client, and let SpamSieve notify you only when you receive non-spam messages.
· The corpus window and log let you see how each spam message was caught.
· Works with Apple Mail, Emailer, Entourage, Outlook Express, Eudora 5.2 or later (Sponsored or Paid), Mailsmith (bundled with Mailsmith 2.0.2), GyazMail 1.2 and PowerMail.
· 30 days trial or 6 launches.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X.
· Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
· SpamSieve no longer links against AppleScriptKit. This removes some GUI scripting functionality (which is now largely available by other means) but works around an OS bug that could prevent SpamSieve from launching.
· Worked around a bug in Apple Mail’s iCloud rule syncing.
· SpamSieve is better at moving trained messages when Outlook has lost track of the special Junk E-mail folder.
· Fixed a problem where Apple Mail couldn’t communicate with SpamSieve when the file permissions were incorrect.
· Fixed a bug where SpamSieve couldn’t load any addresses from Outlook if it reported an error while getting the e-mail address of a contact.
· Fixed a bug editing counts in the Corpus window (due to suspected 64-bit OS bug).
· Added more checks that the folders SpamSieve relies upon have the proper permissions.
· Improved error reporting for Apple...