Socialtext Desktop 22.214.171.124
An AIR-based desktop application for using Socialtext
Socialtext Desktop shows you the Signals (140-character social messages) posted by your colleagues. You can choose to see the social messaging stream for colleagues you follow, or for everyone in your company who uses Socialtext. You also use Socialtext Desktop to post your own Signals. Signals give you a great way to quickly share with a broad group.
Socialtext Desktop also shows you the activity streams for the people you follow and the pages you’ve edited. The configurable pop-up notification that comes with Socialtext Desktop alerts you to new Signals and keeps you apprised of what people are working on.
You can monitor the same activity streams (page edits, blog posts, comments, profile changes, Signals) and also post Signals from Socialtext Dashboard. Socialtext Desktop simply gives you an additional dynamic way to stay informed and in touch.
- Social Networking:
- With Socialtext People, you get social networking deeply integrated with enterprise collaboration. Socialtext People connects work colleagues and gives them a full picture of each other. It gives them the context of the who, what, when, where and why of the others they are working with, building the level of trust they have in each other, and increasing teamwork and work quality.
- Wiki Workspaces:
- Socialtext Workspace is an easy-to-use enterprise wiki that reduces by 1/3 the time your staff spends searching for information and people every day, and speeds up cycle times in every function across the organization.
- Socialtext Dashboard gives each user their own wiki home page. You use Socialtext Dashboard to aggregate content from Socialtext wiki pages, the web and enterprise systems. You can set it up to show everything that matters to you, all in one place. You not only link to everything you need quick access to, but you also see when something important to you changes. You stay up to date on what matters most, automatically, and you see at a glance what needs your attention.
- Collaborative Weblogs:
- A collaborative weblog is an integral part of the Socialtext platform. Unlike weblogs designed for external communications, the Socialtext weblog is designed to support collaborative and ongoing conversations among colleagues, to advance group knowledge on important topics, and to create a corporate memory of this valuable knowledge.
- Social Messaging:
- Socialtext Signals provides social messaging connected with the enterprise collaboration platform. The social messaging occurs in the context of colleagues working towards common goals. Socialtext Signals amplifies, clarifies and complements other collaboration activities and provides a medium for fast and widespread information sharing.
- Distributed Spreadsheets:
- SocialCalc brings a powerful new dimension to spreadsheets: the ability to easily interlink spreadsheet information, so spreadsheets are now distributed and dynamic. SocialCalc spreadsheets can include information from other spreadsheets or workspace pages. And since SocialCalc is integrated into the Socialtext collaboration platform, your spreadsheets inherit all the social features of Socialtext.