In a nutshell, Shortly lets you shorten an URL with a single click.
In addition, Shortly will bring you the short link of your current browsing webpage, giving you youtu.be for YouTube videos, flic.kr for Flickr photos, wp.me for WordPress.com blogs and other short links of your choice.
Here are some key features of "Shortly":
· Shortly will add a button to your Safari toolbar. Just simply click, and you'll get the link.
· Take advantage of the native short links. Shortly supports youtu.be, flic.kr, and the newly added wp.me from WordPress.com 3.0 blogs.
Toolbar or Alert:
· You can enable Toolbar Mode in the extension preferences to get your results displayed in a toolbar. By default, Shortly will display in an alert box.
· You can choose your favorite service for shortening, and decide whether to use toolbar mode in the extension preferences. Just reach the Preferences via "Safari > Preferences…" and go to the "Extension" tab.
More than one language:
· Shortly supports English, Chinese, Japanese and Italiano to make its interface more easy to use.
· Traditional Chinese
· Simplified Chinese
· Japanese (by @aurcinus)
· Italiano (by Raffaele Viggiani)
· Safari 5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the issue of bit.ly login error.
· Improved error message output.