Session Manager is a popular Firefox and SeaMonkey add-on that allows you to save and restore the state of all windows - either when you want it or automatically at startup and after crashes.
In other words, Session Manager lets you save the current state of Firefox or SeaMonkey (history, text data, cookies) and return to that state at any later moment.
Additionally, Session Manager offers you to reopen (accidentally) closed windows and tabs. If you're afraid of losing data while browsing - this extension allows you to relax.
Session Manager is compatible at least with Tab Mix Plus and can import sessions from both SessionSaver and Tab Mix Plus.
The add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Session Manager":
· Saving sessions
· Restoring sessions
· Restoring tabs and windows
· Session groups
· Crash recovery
· Prompting to save session at shutdown
· Searching for sessions/groups
· Renaming a session
· Deleting session(s)
· Deleting tabs/window from an existing session
· Importing Sessions created by SessionSaver or Tab Mix Plus
· Exporting session files
· Backing up and restoring settings
· Firefox 10.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.7 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed issue that would cause toolbar icons to be re-added to toolbar when opening new windows after first install if the user removed them. This would only occur until the browser was restarted.