SendEmail is a lightweight, free and command line based SMTP email client. If you have the need to send email from a command line, this easy to use program is perfect: feature rich and simple to use.
SendEmail was designed to be used in bash scripts, batch files, Perl programs and web sites, but is quite adaptable and will likely meet your requirements. SendEmail is written in Perl and is unique in that it requires NO MODULES.
SendEmail has an intuitive and flexible set of command-line options, making it very easy to learn and use.
SendEmail's supported platforms: Mac OS X, Linux, BSD, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, & Windows XP.
Here are some key features of "SendEmail":
· simple, direct way to send email without the overhead of other conventional email software
· can send encrypted email using SMIME
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New command line option to specify a local bind address. Useful on machines with multiple IP addresses.
· EHLO should never send "localhost" now. I Added a new function called get_hostname() that does several new checks to get the system's hostname. If all else fails it will send it's own IP address.
· Added a new command line option, -o fqdn=FQDN, that allows one to override the name sent after EHLO.
· Small change to how the timezone is sent, it was triggering spam filters.
· Windows executable now has TLS support enabled!