The main idea of Autosizer is to keep the interface minimal, which is especially useful if you're on a notebook with a small display. If you're not using the searchbar the URL bar can be maximized while still being able to read a reasonable long query when searching.
The search query can be removed and the search engine be resetted right after submitting in order to keep your minimal screen estate.
You can choose between different modes how Autosizer should size the searchbar; all can easily be customized via the integrated Assistant:
· Size incrementally, to each letter
· Enlarge Searchbar on first strike
· Keep the same width all the time
Searchbar Autosizer allows you to switch to an ordinary option dialog that features little graphics illustrating what this setting does.
The Searchbar Autosizer addon is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
· Firefox 13.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for syncing preferences using Firefox Sync. We have given the user complete control over what preferences are synced. You can choose to sync everything but the max size if what you want changes across your computers.
· Existing users will have to opt in because I didn't want to ruin anyones perfect setup. All you have to do is follow the link the preferences dialog.