SeaMonkey is a free and open source web browser, enhanced newsgroups and e-mail client, IRC chat client and HTML editor, all within one application.
The SeaMonkey project is a collaborative project to produce high-quality releases of code from the application formerly known as "Mozilla Application Suite".
While the main goal of the Mozilla Foundation are the Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird projects, SeaMonkey's group of dedicated volunteers works to guarantee that you have "everything but the kitchen sink" at hand, and stable enough to be used in a business environment.
Here are some key features of "SeaMonkey":
· Sync allows you to keep your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different devices (computers) in a secure way.
· Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net.
· Session restore brings back all your open windows and tabs after the rare occasion that SeaMonkey crashes.
· Add-ons Management provides almost infinite possibilies to extend your Internet experience.
· Data Manager serves as a central management interface for all kinds of site-specific data, including cookies, permissions (e.g. image blocking), preferences, passwords and form data.
· Lightweight themes (Personas) let you give your SeaMonkey a personal touch through simple theming.
· Feed detection notifies you when web pages offer RSS or Atom feeds, and feed preview lets you view their contents and choose a reader with which to subscribe to those.
· Smart Location Bar enables you to search your visited web pages right when typing in the browser's location bar.
· Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
· Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page.
· Safe Mode can help you solve problems that might occur, e.g. with incompatible add-ons.
· All the features a modern browser should have, including: Advanced security settings, download management, web form autocompletion, themes, toolbar customization, multi-language and multi-platform support, plus the latest in web standards.
Mail & Newsgroups:
· Tabbed Mail lets you manage your mail and folders in parallel.
· Junk mail controls help you take back control of your e-mail from spammers.
· Manage your mail with customizable Tags and Mail Views.
· Multiple accounts support helps you manage all your mail through one interface.
· Blogs & News Feeds is a reader for RSS and Atom feeds right in your messaging center that eases your reading of information from all across the web.
· SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroups includes nterprise-ready features such as S/MIME, return receipts, address books, LDAP support, and digital signing.
· SeaMonkey's powerful yet simple HTML editor keeps getting better with dynamic image and table resizing, quick insert and delete of table cells, improved CSS support, and support for positioned layers.
· IRC Chat ("ChatZilla")
· Multiple networks and channels are easy to keep track of in a familiar tabbed interface.
· You can change the look and feel of the chat with motifs.
Web Development Tools:
· DOM Inspector enables you to dig into the document structure of web pages, add-ons or even the SeaMonkey "chrome" itself.
· 200 MB of free hard drive space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lightweight themes crunched the window title bar on Mac OS (bug 864034).
· The Print button was misaligned in the Composer and Message Composition toolbars with the Modern theme (bug 849359).