Scrutiny 5.5.2 / 5.6.1 RC
Website link checker and webmaster tools suite for mac OSX.
In short, Scrutiny helps you manage and improve any number of websites.
- Checks internal and external links as well as images
- Highlights problems in color, double-click for further information
- Generates and ftps an XML sitemap conforming to the standard protocol for submission to search engines
- Checks your HTML using the w3c HTML validator; the public instance or your own installation
- Highlights SEO issues such as missing page title, meta description, headings and keywords
- Manages as many sites as you like with different settings for each
- In short, improves your website's quality and search engine ranking
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 5.6.1 RC
- Adds orphan pages check. This will only work for static sites where the server can be accessed by ftp/ftps. Scrutiny compares the files on the server with the urls obtained by crawling.
- Improves parsing for spell checking, words separated by html tags and no whitespace are now separated for spellchecking.
- Spell-checking better handles certain html entities which might legitimately appear in words; apostrophes and dashes.