NOTE: Safari 6.0.5 can be installed ONLY via OS X 's built-in Software Update.
Experience the web, Apple style, with Safari: the fastest, easiest-to-use web browser in the world.
With its simple, elegant interface, Safari gets out of your way and lets you enjoy the web faster than any browser.
Here are some key features of "Safari":
· Blazing Performance: Safari is the fastest web browser on any platform.
· Elegant User Interface: Safari's clean look allows you to focus on the web and not on your browser.
· Easy Bookmarks: Organize your bookmarks just like you organize music in iTunes.
· Pop-up Blocking: Say goodbye to annoying pop-up ads and pop-under windows.
· Inline Find: Search any text on any website with the integrated Find banner.
· Tabbed Browsing: Open and switch between multiple web pages in a single window.
· SnapBack: Instantly snap back to search results or the top level of a website.
· Forms AutoFill: Let Safari complete online forms for you, automatically and securely.
· Built-in RSS: RSS tells you when new content is added to your favorite sites.
· Resizable Text Fields: Resize text fields on any website: Just grab the corner and drag.
· Private Browsing: Keep your online activities private with a single click.
· Security: Apple engineers designed Safari to be secure from day one.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Safari 6.0.5 is now available and addresses the following:
· Multiple memory corruption issues existed in WebKit. These issues were addressed through improved memory handling.
· A cross-site scripting issue existed in the handling of iframes. This issue was addressed through improved origin tracking.
· A cross-site scripting issue existed in the handling of copied and pasted data in HTML documents. This issue was addressed through additional validation of pasted content.
· XSS Auditor may rewrite URLs to prevent cross-site scripting attacks. This may lead to a malicious alteration of the behavior of a form submission. This issue was addressed through improved validation of URLs.