Rumpus is a tool that allows you to start your own FTP server. It is a very useful tool, whether you manage content on a web server, accept graphic files from a remote location or coordinate a work group that uses a single file server.
Rumpus handles almost any FTP transfer fast and with ease.
Here are some key features of "Rumpus":
· Customizable Web File Management.
· File Upload Notices Via E-Mail or AppleEvent.
· Full, On-The-Fly Support For MacBinary and BinHex Formats.
· 4 Separate Log Files.
· Built-In Log Rolling.
· Real-time Activity Reporting.
· Automatic Hack Attempt Recognition and Blocking.
· Folder-By-Folder Access Restrictions.
· Web-Based User Administration And User Password Resets.
· Support For 'Port Forwarding' Private LAN Bridges.
· Web File Manager - Allow users to transfer files with the Web browser they use every day.
· Event Notices - Receive immediate notice when files are uploaded, downloaded or other actions occur.
· Rumpus FileWatch - Monitor activity and access transferred files with the free, handy desktop utility, FileWatch.
· Upload Center Forms - Prompt users for additional information about uploaded files via configurable data entry forms.
· Encrypted Transfers - Rumpus supports SSL encryption for FTP, Web and WebDAV transfers.
· Search - Users can search files on the server by file name or contents.
· Thumbnail Views - Display files in a traditional listing format, or as thumbnail views of images, movies, or other media files.
· Guest Transfers - Rumpus users can easily send files to guest users, or even allow guests to upload files to their content area.
· Multi-File Transfers - Web users can download or upload multiple files, or entire folders, at one time.
· iPhone Optimized - A custom interface allows iPhone users to easily view media files.
· Customizable Interface - Choose from several basic Web appearances, then adjust colors, fonts and more to match your Web site.
· User Account Management - Remote file transfer users are kept distinct from other system services, and are a snap to manage.
· Remote Administration - Run the full Rumpus control application on your own Mac desktop to control a remote Rumpus server.
· Activity Tracking - Track server activity from a single file transfer to overall server statistics.
· A configured and operational TCP/IP network connection.
· 14 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· When the Rumpus control application is run remotely, the "Web Settings" window "Open WFM In Web Browser" function now opens the WFM using the remote server address, rather than the local host address.
· A problem drop shipping files that already exist on the server and that have percent signs in the filename has been corrected.
· Added a config file option ("AdminHomeFolderFromDefault YES") that causes Rumpus to create new user account home folders in the default user account home folder, rather than the administrator's home folder, when using the Web admin account management function.
· Special characters (such as "&", "#", etc.) can now be used in drop ship pickup passwords.
· In the Web File Manager, when the content wrapper page is used to display a video file, and the file exists in the content area (meaning that for drop shipped files, the drop ship link was sent for a file that already exists on the server), Rumpus will now automatically scale playback to the native size of the video....