The RSS Live Links lets you easily browse all your subscription in a pop-up that opens in the top right corner of your browser.
For those who like Firefox "Live Bookmarks", this is a browser extension that provides a similar capability - i.e. you can read your feeds' headlines directly from a menu-style pop-up without having to go to the home page or a specialized reader.
The RSS Live Links can be registered as an RSS reader with the "RSS Subscriptions" and "RSS Subscriptions Plus" extensions.
Alternatively, use the built-in feed detection facility to subscribe to feeds found in current tabs.
Here are some key features of "RSS Live Links":
· OPML import and export of subscription data
· Choose between using the rich Pop-up menu with visual "seen-state" hinting
· OR standard Chrome bookmarks and bookmark folders
· OR use BOTH!
· Configurable "visual hinting" options for each "seen-state".
· Bulk open actions.
· Keyboard shortcuts for navigating feeds and items
· Fully localized (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Swedish translations so far).
· And, Again, (for Anti-FUD) RSS Live Links DOES support REAL Chrome
· Bookmark Folders with REAL bookmarks in them just like Firefox Live
· Bookmarks (and has done for ages).
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Complete overhaul of the Options page. It is now consistent with Chrome’s (current) preferences page. Look out for the cute “slide-in/slide-out” message panels :-).
· Export and import are now effected directly to and from files - no more text-box copy and paste. The interface uses the same drag/drop gestures as GMail’s “attach files” and “download attached files” interfaces.
· A much nicer “you just installed...” page - yes actually a page rather than an after-thought div in the main pop-up!
· German and French translation updates related to the OPML functionality.
· Big time doc and Web Store information updates related to all this.
· Provision of an “FAQ” to answer all those common questions like “Why doesn’t RSS Live Links support real bookmarks?"