RSS Growler is a menu bar item RSS reader similar to RSS Menu, but designed specifically for use with Trac. It should also work with other RSS feeds, but will provide less compelling advantages.
Specifically, RSS Growler is designed for developers working on projects that are using svn Trac integration to provide commit logs and diffs through RSS. RSS Growler has the following features:
· Multiple feed subscriptions + http authentication support
· Growl notifications with revision number and commit log (full log if you make sure you are access an rss feed from Trac that is "verbose=on", which you get from checking "Show full log messages" before switching to the rss view)
· Most recent listing of commits across all projects, with ability to customize which feeds are shown in the recent list
· Cached downloading of links for recent rss items -- items in the recent list can be automatically downloaded and saved to disk as a webarchive so that when you click on the link in the rss menu, it will open the page cached off the disk automatically
· Submenu with parsed urls or radars, allowing you to access these directly if they were in the commit log
· Option to see each feed as a different item in growl, for customization per feed
· Option to open up diff directly by clicking on growl notification
· You'll probably want to download Growl in order to take full advantage of RSS Growler.