NewsBar is a small and easy to use news reader for the Mac OS X platform.
NewsBar will display selected RSS feeds in the desired portion of your display.
The news appear on your desktop immediately after being published, with no delay (1 minute is the slowest refresh rate).
NewsBar is probably one of the best ways to stay informed with the latest news; you can easily Read, Follow, Mark, Filter and Search news from all your favorite feeds.
NOTE: To buy NewsBar via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "NewsBar":
· News without delay
· Intuitive user interface
· Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity
· Adding new feeds with Drag and Drop
· One-click open news in your browser
· News can be highlighted and filtered by your keywords
· Alerts with sound and visual
· Customizable interface (colors, fonts, size)
· Multiple feed sources
· RSS 2.0, ATOM support
· Customizable individual feed settings
· Sync feed list with your Google Reader account
· Quick text search in all feeds
· Starred news for later reading
· Multiple display and Spaces support
· Low cpu and memory usage
· OS X Snow Leopard and Lion compatibility
· The demo version allows you to add only two feeds, features disabled shortcut buttons and will not allow you to sync your Google Reder account.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed Snow Leopard compatibility issues.
· Google reader sync fix.
· Other fixes.