Passter is a simple extension that minimizes the risks and maximizes the browsing comfort.
Cross Browser Sync: View your Passter accounts and passwords when using Google Docs repository from: Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome (w/o extension) and iPhone (iOS 4+).
Passter is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
NOTE: To install the Passter extension, drag and drop the downloaded .crx file onto the Chrome Extensions window.
Here are some key features of "Passter":
Safer, Secured and Protected:
· Passwords, forms and all other browsing information are always saved encrypted in the password repository (local browser or your Google Doc account) using latest security protocols. Passter protects you against phishing, fraud, and malware.
· You choose and monitor the password repository. Passter only acts as broker and there is no need to open a Passter account. Also Passter doesn’t send or save information and passwords to anyone other than the repository.
Trusted Online Mode:
Passter introduces your Google Account as a great password repository. This enables all the benefits and high security demands from such password management application:
· TriggerPasswords are stored in Google Documents Server (using SSL protocol), one of the largest and most protected servers in the world. You also enjoy their high availability and their strong hardware.
· Google is a trusted company. No need to open Passter account or relay on other 3rd party servers.
· Best of all, Passter is using the OAuth protocol. This means that Passter doesn’t require from you to provide any Google Account credentials. It simply redirects you to a Google Server page using the SSL protocol for authentication and authorization.
Single Point of Logins:
· No need to synchronize data between password repositories. Passter reduces the efforts by suggesting strong passwords, auto filling the logins form and monitoring your password policy for eliminating the highest security risk in these days: identity theft and privacy lost.
· Free to use by any user and for any purpose. Also you are not forced to open any account or fill forms.
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed issue while saving passwords in Browser Repository * Fixed issue with desktop notification while running Chrome 28+ dev