Built using the best open source technologies available, Open Search Server is a stable, high-performance piece of software.
Open Search Server is both a modern search engine and a suite of high-powered full text search algorithms.
Open Search Server runs on Mac OS X, Windows 20xx/XP/Vista, Solaris and Linux and a Java Virtual Machine.
Here are some key features of "Open Search Server":
· Multi-languages indexing. Documents can be indexed in ten languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, etc.
· Multi-lingual analysers slice sentences into words, then run lemmatisation algorithms on words based on the document’s language (singular/plural, gender, conjugated verbs, etc.)
· The crawlers go through web sites and file systems to rapidly and easily build your index.
· Numerous document formats are supported, such as XML, HTML/XHTML, Adobe™ PDF, Microsoft™ Word™, PowerPoint™, etc.
· The web interface is built around the power offered by the Zkoss framework. It runs with the main Ajax browsers. This RIA-type interface is as comfortable to use as that of a heavy client.
· Easy configuration through a single XML file, which includes fields definition and the indexation options.
· Quick integration thanks to an XML interface via HTTP queries.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 266: Merge multiple indices
· 265: Retaining Search Switch Between Renders
· 260: Add Visio parser and Publisher parser
· 257: Upgrade Apache CXF to 2.7.x
· 251: A report module
· 250: Server time in scheduler interface
· 249: Extraction of user and group rights when crawling CIFS/SMB and FTP
· 248: Upgrade ZK CE to 6.5
· 247: Support of additional characters in LetterOrDigitTokenizer
· 246: Named entity recognition based on a search request
· 245: Highlighting in PDF documents and images (OCR)
· 243: RSS Parser
· 187: ICEPdf parser puts brackets to the indexed words
· 186: ICEPdf parser: only the first page is indexed
· 185: A more efficient Classifier loader
· 184: NullPointerException on SnippetField.copySnippetFields
· 183: maxClauseCount is set to 1024 when deleting large collection
· 178: Error reading 'fieldOrSnippetList' on type RendererController
· 170: Wrong file path in file crawler
· 169: java.lang.NullPointerException on flush expired contend from cache
· 168: Screenshot function not ...