NetShred X is the internet privacy software that is easy, fast and cleaner. Easy because NetShred X runs automatically - you don't have to remember to use it. Fast because NetShred X runs in the background - you don't have to wait for it.
Cleaner because NetShred X will erase, not just delete all internet tracks for almost every browser and email application on Mac OS X.
Your web browser stores copies of the images and text that you see in on your hard drive. Anyone with access to your computer can look through these files and see what information you have accessed on the web.
These internet tracks - browser cache, history, download cache, quicktime cache, favicons and email cache, trash, spam and junk mail - not only potentially compromise your privacy, they also take up a lot of disk space.
Clearing your cache, throwing these files in the trash, or deleting them will not remove the file contents from the hard drive - NetShred X just removes the file name from the directory, leaving the data intact and recoverable.
To dispose of these internet tracks, use an internet track eraser to erase them so they can't be recovered.
Here are some key features of "NetShred X":
· Easy because NetShred X can be run automatically when you quit from your browser or email program
· Permanent because NetShred X will erase browser cache, history, email trash (not just delete them)
· Works with most browsers
· "Confirm before shred" option
· Supports Netscape profiles
· Overwrite Options - A configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites.
· Proven Track Record - NetShred X software has been sucessfully erasing data for over 5 years.
· Registration screen at startup.
· The demo will only delete the Internet tracks, not shred them.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds support for Firefox 17