NetShred X 4.8.0 Build 141017
Clear cache, erase history with this easy to use Internet track eraser
Cleaner because NetShred X will erase, not just delete all internet tracks for almost every browser and email application on Mac OS X.
Your web browser stores copies of the images and text that you see in on your hard drive. Anyone with access to your computer can look through these files and see what information you have accessed on the web.
These internet tracks - browser cache, history, download cache, quicktime cache, favicons and email cache, trash, spam and junk mail - not only potentially compromise your privacy, they also take up a lot of disk space.
Clearing your cache, throwing these files in the trash, or deleting them will not remove the file contents from the hard drive - NetShred X just removes the file name from the directory, leaving the data intact and recoverable.
To dispose of these internet tracks, use an internet track eraser to erase them so they can't be recovered.
- Easy because NetShred X can be run automatically when you quit from your browser or email program
- Permanent because NetShred X will erase browser cache, history, email trash (not just delete them)
- Works with most browsers
- "Confirm before shred" option
- Supports Netscape profiles
- Overwrite Options - A configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites.
- Proven Track Record - NetShred X software has been sucessfully erasing data for over 5 years.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Safari 8, Apple Mail 8, Firefox 32, and Chrome 38.