Navigate Up is a simple and handy Firefox add-on that provides a simple way to navigate up one or more URL levels and is integrated within the URL bar.
Navigate Up works for both web URLs and local file paths. After installation, there should be a new green Navigate Up icon (up arrow) in the urlbar.
To navigate up one level, just click on the Navigate Up icon. To navigate up to the root level, double-click on the Navigate Up icon. To navigate up to a specific level, right-click on the Navigate Up icon, and a context menu will appear with a list of higher level URLs.
The Navigate Up add-on is cross-platform and it works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
· Firefox 3.6 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Chg: Improved security of action calls initiated by selecting Navigate Up context menu items.
· Chg: Added translations for Danish, French, Portuguese, Serbian, Simplified Chinese.
· Chg: Updated to be compatible with Firefox 18.*.
· Fix: Clicking on Navigate Up icon in urlbar has no effect with Firefox 18.0b2. Fixed.
· Fix: Selecting menu items on Navigate Up context menu has no effect with Firefox 18.0b2. Fixed.