Mozilla Archive Format is a popular Firefox and SeaMonkey add-on which enhances the way web pages are saved on your computer.
The MAFF format is very powerful when you combine it with the built-in browser support for the Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora media formats in web pages: you can save everything in a single file. It also lets you save more than one tab in a single MAFF file.
Furthermore, Mozilla Archive Format enables you to convert your already saved pages to the format of your choice. You can use this feature to save disk space, or even to convert MAFF to the other formats, should you ever decide to go back.
Mozilla Archive Format is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Mozilla Archive Format":
It provides the following advantages over the built-in save system:
· A complete page can be saved as a single file (web archive)
· You can name files using the title of the page (title save)
· The saved pages are faithful to the original (exact save)
· You can view and save MHT (MHTML) files, with excellent compatibility with Internet Explorer;
but more importantly, you can use the MAFF file format, with the following advantages:
· Save disk space, since MAFF files are compressed
· Include video and audio embedded in the pages
· Be universal, since MAFF is based on ZIP and compatible with Linux and other platforms
· Use an open format, with no risk of vendor lock-in
· Firefox 10.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.7 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Stylesheet rules that don't apply to any element in the current page are now removed from the saved file. This can greatly increase compactness when content is modified by scripts or other extensions before saving.
· The option to take an exact snapshot of the page is now selected by default, to take advantage of various improvements in the save method, even if it was deselected in a previous version of the add-on. The browser's standard save system and the integrated Save Complete component can still be selected from the options dialog and the internal configuration settings respectively.
· The notification bar with information about the original save date and location can now be disabled from the options.
· Now file associations on Windows are created correctly when using the add-on in third-party browsers based on Firefox or SeaMonkey.
· The options to display an archive information icon in the status bar is not available anymore, together with the option to display the icon in the locati...