MoreFunctionsForAddressBook is a popular Thunderbird add-on that provides various enhancements to the Address Book.
MoreFunctionsForAddressBook is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "MoreFunctionsForAddressBook":
· makes available from the addressbook all the records of the contacts (ex. address, country);
· adds to the context menu some items to copy quickly the addressbook data
· lets you to edit a contact as new, from the context menu;
· gives the possibility to import and export a single contact or a list;
· gives the possibility to import and export in vCard and vcf format;
· adds an extra tab with the birthday date, the spouse name (from 0.3 version), the last modified date and the category (from the 0.3.5 version);
· possibility to modify the labels of the 4 custom fields of the contact card (from 0.3.1 version) and associate them with vcard fields (from 0.4.0.1 version);
· possibility to import/export the addressbooks in the native format (file mab);
· possibility to recover a corrupted addressbook or deleted contacts (from 0.3.7 version);
· possibility to copy the card data from the contacts panel, with the context menu (from 0.3.7 version);
· possibility to have a fixed width for columns, with a horizontal scrollbar. Note: with this option enabled, the vertical scrollbar could not work properly and you could be forced to use the mouse wheel or keyboard (from 0.4 version);
· possibility to edit some properties in multiple contacts with just one action (from the context menu or clicking ctrl-0);
· possibility to search contacts also with "Category, Notes, BirthYear" fields (from 0.4.1 version);
· possibility to associate a photo to contact (from 0.5 version EXPERIMENTAL);
· option to have phone numbers like "callto" links (from 0.5 version);
· new options to add to the addressbook from the main window the recipients of a message;
· possibility to choose, per identity, addressbooks for addresses autocomplete.
· Thunderbird 1.0 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug in displaying websites URL of contacts;
· The email addresses copied on clipboards are now joined with a comma, instead of a newline character.