Monotony is an easy to use feed reader that allows you to subscribe to the latest feeds.
The latest news are displayed on your desktop as notifications, featuring a headline and a summary.
Monotony can also run as a menu bar application, thus being invisible int he background.
NOTE: To download Monotony via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Monotony":
· Monotony is a simple backend to bring your favorite RSS and ATOM news feeds to your desktop. It doesn’t have a frontend but presents new feed entries by showing tiny little desktop notifications.
· There is nothing else. No Google Reader sync, no frontend, no possibility to customize it. Monotony runs as a menubar app or, if you choose, invisible in the background. That’s all.
· Monotony has been designed to blend with Growl, the desktop notification system. Monotony will work without Growl being installed but the notifications are much more beautiful and much more configurable if Growl is running.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Feed URLs OPML import and export, Context Menu for feeds with option to copy feed URL to the pasteboard.
· Changed: Monotony now displays a longer excerpt of feed entries in notifications.
· Fixed: Bugs when using the feed: URL Scheme to subscribe to a feed with Monotony; bug appearing during subscription when feed URL has trailing slash; bug when subscribing to malformed feeds.