Master Password+ is a Firefox and Thunderbird add-on that allows you to lock the master security device on demand or after specified time, prompts for MP on browser startup, suppresses all or duplicate MP prompts, locks up entire application or individual windows and more.
Master Password+ will integrate quickly into your Firefox and you will be able to easily manage it via the Add-ons window that you can access through the Tools menu.
The Master Password+ add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Master Password+":
· Ability to enable or disable timeout
· Toolbar, addressbar and statusbar icons
· Icons are dynamic and represent current state of master password, such as locked/unlocked or unset
· Options to hide the icons and/or menu items
· Set options directly from "Change Master Password" window
· Lock application on demand or with timer
· Two different timers for logout and lock
· Hotkey to logout/login master security device (default: ALT + L)
· Hotkey to lock application and/or individual windows (default: ALT + SHIFT + L and CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + L)
· Easy access to options or set/change master password via right click on toolbar/statusbar icons or tools menu
· Option to prompt master password on startup (work around for Bug 536140 which prompts multiple times for master password on startup).
· Option to suppress all or duplicate master password prompt popups (added in v1.2.20101212) (Note: when prompts are suppressed, they are actually being canceled. This means whatever requested master password will be notified as if user canceled the prompt, this might bring unexpected results.)
· Temporary suppress MP prompts
· Audio and icon blinking notifications when MP prompt was suppressed
· Notification bar when MP suppressed
· Lock application after NN incorrect entered passwords
· Support for Thunderbird
· Firefox 3.6 and later or
· Thunderbird 3.1 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· hidden option extensions.masterPasswordPlus.lockignorefirstkey, that controls when pressing a key on locked window: should it be passed to the MP prompt or not (controls a feature introduced in v1.20)
· in Firefox/Thunderbird 8.0+ a link at General tab in options window to open all available settings
· prompt to delete all settings when uninstalling MP+
· ignored forceprompt setting
· in some situations MP+ doesn't work in new windows
· error in console on non Vista/W7/W8 systems