MarsEdit is an useful weblog editor that allows you to write emails with spell checking, multiple windows, draft and even has apple script support.
MarsEdit is built to work with the following systems: Blosxom, TypePad, Conversant, Movable Type, Radio UserLand, Manila, WordPress, and others.
NOTE: To buy MarsEdit via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "MarsEdit":
· Intuitive Interface - MarsEdit's no-nonsense interface works just like email. Edit your drafts in a convenient text editor, spell-check, and publish.
· Flickr Powered - Quickly scan your entire Flickr library, then insert an image into your blog post with the click of a button.
· Wildly Compatible - Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, TypePad, Movable Type, LiveJournal, Drupal, Vox, and many more!
· Easy Uploads - Upload images and files directly to your weblog. When you want to reuse an item, just select it from the media catalog.
· Perfect Previews - Build a template to match your blog, then let MarsEdit's live preview show you how your posts will look before you publish them.
· Re-Blog It! - Add a "Blog This" bookmarklet to your browser, and start new MarsEdit posts with the click of a button.
· Powerful Markup Macros - Tired of typing the same things again and again? Set up macros with MarsEdit to easily insert commonly used snippets.
· Offline Freedom - Write when you want to, without an internet connection. Fine-tune your masterpiece on the plane, and publish when you get home.
· Use Your Favorite Editor - Combine the power of MarsEdit with your favorite editor. Integrates cleanly with BBEdit, SubEthaEdit, TextMate, or TextWrangler.
· Custom Features - Extensive AppleScript support makes it possible to add features we haven't even thought of. The sky is the limit!
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix a bug from 3.5.8 that disabled draft support for Squarespace 5
· Fix a bug where uploaded images were not resized correctly on Retina Macs
· Fix a bug where the preview window could sometimes show the wrong blog's theme
· Fix a bug that caused malfunctioning Screen Capture and Image import services in rich editor
· Fix a bug that caused unpredictable behavior with Paste contextual menu item
· Fix a bug that prevented URLs with apostrophes from being linked in rich text mode
· Fix a bug that could lock up the app if close box clicked on authentication panel
· Fix a bug that prevented favicons from being downloaded from some blogs
· Fix a bug where switching quickly to HTML Text mode after opening a post could clear the content
· Fix a bug where images would sometimes fail to load in main window preview
· Fix a bug where unchecking all categories for a post would not update categories correctly
· Fix a bug where ExpressionEngine authentication failures did not prompt the login panel to appear
· Fix a b...